The Pediatric Proximal Femoral Nail, PediFIN® has been developed by focusing on general intramedullary nailing principles and reshaping for pediatric use. The nail designed specifically to comply pediatric patient`s proximal femur anatomy. PediFIN® aims to maximize the stability over the fracture or osteotomy.
PediFIN® prepared in compliance for minimal invasive fixation principles. This supports soft tissue protection and faster recovery. The unique design on the proximal part of the nail, matched precisely for pediatric patients, and desired positioning during osteotomies.
Stability fixation – determining stability
The nail geometric design and the locking screws positioning are planned to maximize the stability. Therefore, one of the proximal screws are sent to the femur neck and the other one to the calcar bone. The proximal part of the nail has hexagonal shape to increase the rotational stability and reduces the load on the locking screws.
As generally accepted, the cycle over the periosteal is preserved perfectly and this, without a doubt, will positively affect the bone healing.
Early weight bearing
Achieved stability with the nailing system provides early mobility on normal and disabled children.
Femur neck fractures
Proximal femur osteotomies
- About Us
- Ankle Fracture Plating System
- Articular Hinge Fixator
- Basında Biz
- Clavicle Hook Plate
- Distal Femur Locking Plate
- Distal Tibia Locking Plate
- EpiFIX® – Growth Control Plate
- EXTERNAL FIXATORS
- Flexible Intramedullary Nail
- Forearm Straight Locking Plate
- Hip Plate System
- Home Page
- INTRAMEDULLARY RODS
- PediFIN® – Pediatric Proximal Femoral Nail
- PLATES AND SCREWS
- Proximal Femur Locking Plate
- Proximal Humerus Locking Plate
- Proximal Tibia Locking Plate
- Reconstruction Locking Plates
- Response Ortho
- SCREW AND PINS
- Small Bone Compression Screw
- Smart Correction®
- Snap-Off Screw
- Straight Plates and Cable
- Universal Mini Plates
- UniX® Large Bar Fixator
- UniX® PDF Elbow Fixator
- UniX® Rail Fixator (Adult & Pediatric)
- UniX® Standard & Hybrid Fixator